The past few years I have been transitioning to a more natural beauty and skincare routine. Sometimes I make my own products and other times I buy products that I know are made without the use of dangerous chemicals. I have lots of favorite all-natural beauty and skin products but sometimes I just like something I have made myself better. When I’ve made it, I love knowing exactly what has gone into the product that I am absorbing into my skin and bloodstream.
This recipe is for a make-up setting spray that I put on after applying my make-up in the morning. As a teacher I am on the go all day long and have very little time to stop and look in the mirror so I need to know that my make-up is going to stay in place without any touch-ups! This light weight spray takes care of that worry for me and gives me all the peace of mind I need while teaching my tiny humans how to paint!
Here is my recipe:
- 2 Tbsp Witch Hazel
- 1 Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel (natural, not the bright green stuff)
- 1 Tbsp Distilled Water
- 5 drops Jasmine Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 oz. glass bottle with spray nozzle
- Fill 2 oz. glass bottle with 1 tablespoon natural aloe vera gel.
- Add 2 tablespoons witch hazel and 1 tablespoon water to fill bottle.
- Shake well to mix thoroughly.
- Add essential oils and shake again to evenly disperse.
- To use: Shake well and spray over freshly applied makeup.
I love using lavender and jasmine essential oils because they smell so lovely. Lavender is also great for your skin to soothe redness and irritation. I use Jasmine for its empowering and confidence-boosting aroma, as well as the fact that it is great for improving dry or dehydrated skin!
I know there are lots of different recipes out there, has anyone tried a different recipe for a DIY setting spray? How do you make yours? I love this one and I hope you to do!
love & light